Massachusetts Lawmakers Want To Ban Internet Gambling, But!
Talk about contradictions! There is a Massachusetts bill up for a vote banning internet gambling yet includes licensing two land-based casinos at the cost of $100 million each! But here’s the kicker – the bill also allows for new slot machine licenses at a cost of $15 million and has this caveat attached regarding online gambling: “Any person who knowingly transmits or receives a wager of any type by any telecommunication device, including telephone, cellular phone, internet, [or] local area network ... or knowingly installs or maintains said device or equipment for the transmission or receipt of wagering information shall be punished.” The punishment would be up to two years in prison and a fine of $25,000. While we know that internet gambling can bring much needed revenue to states, Massachusetts will have quite a fight on their hands since there is opposition to the bill. Conversely, New Hampshire Governor Lynch is taking the opposite approach. He is proposing the legalization of online gambling instead of building additional land-based casinos. His reasoning is that of many who understand that online gambling can increase revenue on a larger scale and quicker as well.
- Christmas Bonuses 2020 November 30, 2020
- Invitation Code for Sunrise Slots Casino November 30, 2020
- US Largest Casino Company November 26, 2020
- Online Casino Gaming is Changing the Entertainment Industry November 26, 2020
- Harrah's Cherokee Casino November 24, 2020
- Deadwood Casinos Bouncing Back November 20, 2020
- Comparing Online Casinos Against Land-Based Casinos November 19, 2020
- Slots.Ag Casino No Deposit Bonus Codes November 5, 2020
- Grand Rush Casino No Deposit Bonus Codes November 2, 2020
- Slots7 Casino No Deposit Bonus Codes November 2, 2020