Before deciding what to pack for your weekend trip to Las Vegas, it is recommended that you check with the hotel to ascertain what amenities they offer. As with any weekend get-a-way, you will pack according to the type of vacation you intend to have. If you are staying at a luxury hotel, you may want to insure the clothing you bring is appropriate for that hotel. If you are staying off the strip and intend on spending a casual weekend in Las Vegas, then you will pack accordingly. Certainly, what to pack also depends on the time of year you are going to Las Vegas. However, in general, you may want to consider packing these items for your weekend trip.
- Casual clothes with one special outfit to wear for one night out on the town. Some high end restaurants require suit and tie, and evening wear.
- Shoes: You are going to be walking a great deal, especially in the casinos, so bring a comfortable pair of shoes, preferably good walking shoes/sneakers. Also bring a pear of pumps for evening wear, if applicable.
- Nightwear: Light nightgown for summer; pajamas for winter.
- Camera: You may want to take pictures of the light shows, hotel facades, and/or any other places of interest you happen to visit.
- Sweat Suit: You may want to use the hotel’s fitness facility, so bring a comfortable pair of sweats for the occasion.
- Swimwear: If you are traveling to Vegas in the summer, it get’s awfully hot so you may be spending your afternoons in the hotel pool.
- Sunglasses, Hat, and Sunscreen : For summer travel
- Heavy jackets and coats: For winter travel
- Traveler’s checks and dollar bills: Instead of taking hoards of cash, use travelers checks, preferably American Express. Take about $20 in dollar bills to use for tips. Take one credit card to use for emergencies only.
- Sundry Items: As you know, airports require that all medications and other liquids are packed in a clear through container within a large zip loc bag. You can also check with the hotel to determine if they have hair dryers as well. That’s one less thing you have to pack.
- One last tip: The faster you get off the plane the faster you will be sitting at the slot machine. Take carry on luggage, preferable a duffel bag that will fit in the overhead compartment.
Finally, don’t pack too much. Remember, you’re only staying for two nights. Bring two sets of clothing that you can mix and match. You can always buy what you need or forgot to bring when you arrive. Perhaps a new outfit with your winnings!